Posts Tagged ‘men’s underwear’
Today we welcome guest blogger, Holly from Underwearunlimited.co.uk, to GUB. With our recent fascination with men’s underwear statistics, we liked the idea of Holly’s list with 7 fun facts about the world of underwear that you most likely didn’t know. Que Holly!
We all wear underwear, don’t we? If you don’t you really should, as in some places around the world it is illegal. Did you also know that the US revealed that 9% of men in America have underwear that is at least 10 years old?
Underwear is fun and there are hundreds of facts out there about this intimate garment of clothing, many of which we can put money on you not knowing. Whilst many of these underwear facts are sure to never pop up on your favorite television quiz show, there will come a time in your life when interesting facts about underwear will be appropriate at the dinner table.
For example, did you know that Agent Provocateur and Puma underwear use porn references in their advertising to get people talking (maybe this isn’t a fact for the dinner table)? When that time arises, you will thank us for our infinite underwear knowledge.
Find below 7 facts you didn’t know about underwear.
1. In Brazil, you are expected to always wear brand new underwear on New Year’s Eve.
2. In the US, consumers spend more than $13 billion on underwear and lingerie every single year.
3. You can buy edible underwear in almost any flavor you like, with some made from sweets and others from chocolate (yes, chocolate that melts!)
4. Around 85% of men do not use the opening in their underwear to urinate, instead opting to simply pull the underwear down slightly.
5. When packing to go abroad, underwear is the most common thing which we forget to pack, leading to a trip to a clothing store.
6. You can buy boxers shorts from designer UNDER with two solid gold buttons on the front. They cost around £100.
7. In Thailand it is illegal to go commando and wear no underwear, despite the heat, and you can be arrested for it.
Do you know any other interesting facts about underwear? Have you got any fun underwear stories to tell us? Be sure to let us know!